How to clean up your glyph drawing in Adobe Illustrator
Images exported as SVG from Glyph Drawing Club are a bit messy, but cleaning up the files is fast and easy. Follow these steps:
- Export your glyph drawing as .svg
- Open the .svg in Adobe Illustrator
- Select the Selection Tool (
V) and press
Cmd + ato select everything
- Open Pathfinder window (Window -> Pathfinder)
- Open Pathfinder options which you find by clicking the hamburger menu icon
- Make sure "Remove Redundant Points" is checked, click OK
- Click Merge (make sure all paths are selected) TWICE and then close Pathfinder window
- Click off canvas, and select the Direct Selection Tool (
- Click on any white area, and go to Select -> Same -> Fill Color
- Your drawing is now cleaned up with a transparent background!
From here it's easier for you to make adjustments to the paths and use the vectors in production.